Knoxville Trauma Connection & Family Therapy Services
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) & Hypnotherapy services
are offered to heal old wounds/traumas from the past. These specialized services have been shown to be extremely effective in helping patients desensitize/reprocess childhood wounding, post traumatic stress disorder due to combat, natural disasters, & sexual abuse.
Explanation of EMDR:
"When a disturbing event occurs, it gets locked in the brain with the original picture, sounds, thoughts, feelings and body sensations. EMDR stimulates the information and allows the brain to reprocess the experience. That may be what is happening in REM or dream sleep-the eye movements help to reprocess the unconscious materal. It is your own brain that wil be doing the healing and you are the one in control." Francine Shapiro, PHD
- Typically 3-6 sessions-77-100% remission of PTSD with single trauma victims.
- 12 or more sessions needed for multiple trauma victims, such as combat veterans.
- EMDR compared to Prozac indicates EMDR superior with patients becoming improved even after termination of therapy, while many Prozac patients became symtomatic.
- EMDR is now widely recognized as a first line treatment of trauma.
- EMDR operates with a dual awarenes: awareness in the past and in the present.
Hypnosis is a deeply relaxed state of heightened awareness that helps to access subconscious material to change negative beliefs and traumatic imprints.
- Builds self estem/self confidence
- Resolves anxiety/depression
- Stress management
- Overcomes fears and phobias such as fear of heights, fear of flying, fear of bridges, fear of public speaking, fear of crowds
- heals childhood wounds such as sexual/verbal/emotional abuse
- Spiritual transformation
- Pain reduction & Much more!!!